Build Keeyask with us!
The Keeyask Project is a 695-megawatt hydroelectric generating station. Watch to learn what it’s like to live and work at Keeyask camp, and find out how building Keeyask can build opportunities for you.
Find out what it s like to work at Keeyask!
Building Keeyask Builds Opportunities
Construction occupations fall into three categories: designated trades, non-designated trades and support occupations. Designated trades include electricians, plumbers, millwrights and other licensed skilled trades. Non-designated trades include heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, cement finishers, labourers, etc. Support occupations include clerks, cooks/catering personnel and security.
How to apply
All craft/trade applicants must use the Keeyask Job Referral Service (JRS) at gov.mb.ca/jrs/keeyask or call toll-free 1-866-332-5077.
To keep your registration active, you must renew with the JRS every 6 months.
You can also contact a Job Seeker Manager through an authorized community registration agency, if you are a member of:
- Fox Lake Cree Nation 204-486-2463
- Tataskweyak Cree Nation 204-342-5054
- War Lake First Nation 204-288-4315
- York Factory First Nation 204-341-2236
For information about employment opportunities with Manitoba Hydro visit hydro.mb.ca/careers
To build Keeyask
Workers are needed in:
- Iron and reinforcing workers,
- Other licensed, skilled trades;
- Heavy equipment operators,
- Truck drivers,
- Cement finishers
- Labourers, etc.
- Cooking/catering personnel
- Security, etc. and
Professional engineers, geologists, engineering technicians and surveyors.
Life at Keeyask Camp
One Team. One Mission.
We work hard to ensure everyone employed on the Keeyesk Project experiences a respectful and equal opportunity workplace. We are one team with one goal and we each have a role to play in achieving that success.
At Keeyask Camp, every effort is made to make camp life a positive experience for each person who enters our doors. Transportation is provided to and from the project site. Each worker has their own spacious room with en-suite washroom and a 32-inch wall-mounted LED television. A 24-hour dining facility provides a range of healthy meals and snacks prepared on-site.
During downtime, workers can:
- Stay fit at the recreation centre that has the latest exercise equipment, a full-sized indoor track, two basketball courts, racquetball/squash courts, and daily fitness classes.
- Relax in the gaming centre complete with pool tables, foosball, ping pong, pinball machines and other arcade and gaming systems.
- Watch a movie or sports event at one of two movie theatres that feature surround sound and high-definition projectors.