The Keeyask Generation Project Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) was submitted to Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship and to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency on July 6, 2012.
The EIS consists of:
- A video, Keeyask: Our Story – the Keeyask Cree Nations’ history and perspectives related to hydroelectric development. Presented through the lens of the holistic Cree worldview, it explains the journey taken by the KCNs as they evaluated concerns about the Project, the nature of their participation as Partners, and the decisions ultimately made to support the Project.
- An executive summary – highlights findings and conclusions from the EIS submission to regulatory authorities
- A Response to EIS Guidelines issued by Canada on March 30, 2012 in response to an application by the Partnership for environmental approvals under the government regulatory environmental assessment process. Findings and conclusions are included with charts, diagrams and maps to clarify information in the text.
- The KCNs Environmental Evaluation Reports – the KCNs’ evaluation of the effects of the Project on their communities and Members. It includes Aboriginal Traditional Knowledge (ATK) relevant to the Partnership’s response to the EIS Guidelines, and
- Technical supporting volumes – developed by the Manitoba Hydro environmental team in consultation with the KCNs and their Members.